Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Student success statement
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."
Aristotle

This reflection to me inspires me because a lot of teachers across my past have told me that I have to go to college just because its the right thing to do, but when in reality they are preparing us for the basic step in life witch is to graduate and fly of to a college or university. A question I have always had is would it really change a lot if I do not make it to a prestigious college or university? Across the years I had to educate my heart for instance the last school I came from is Belmont High School we had a program called "Best Buddies" at first I use to hate this program with a passion because this meant that I had to give up some of my free time to help children with special needs, but then I got paired up with a girl named Monica she taught me a lesson that depending on how you walk that's how you would act. Monica taught me a lot of lessons that I could apply to life. The best lesson she taught me is to love anyone one and everyone for their personality no matter the look because you might be surprised in who you actually come across to  in this world we call HOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment